Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Excuses for actions....

Funny,I just had a call from my daughter asking me if she could stay with her friend....Reasons being.....x,y, z. and I had a thorough laugh within me.I already had anticipated this.She is 18, not allowed to do a lot of things as she is a girl and young at that too.
It wasn't an expected answer which I gave.I said she old enough to understand what was good and bad.I also added that if she felt it was the right thing to do, to go ahead. The days asking of permission(reluctantly,but couldn't be helped) was a time that had already gone by.She is a thinking person...she plans,anticipates,shrewdly connives...What she doesn't know is my clarity of approach.
It was the day she turned 18 that I told all my kids who were 24,21&18 that, now that you have all majored as adults, you have to seek your goals and decide what you have to do and how.if during your effort I could help, I surely would.I had tried to give them all what I could that was at my disposal.
That day,I also breathed a sigh of relief...as the kids of the present do not follow principles that WE ask or think of.I only prayed to the Almighty to give them the good sense.The rest I would accept and deal with.I as a parent am very different.I never expected them to become a Doctor,Engineer,It professional etc...Money was never the criteria of achievement.Their interests and love for life was more important to me.I as a person couldn't do what i had planned or wanted and then when Dad expired LIFE was thrust on me.I learned and am happy I did the way I was given to.No regrets.
I learned from my experiences,my relatives,friends,acquaintances etc...The strongest and most difficult lessons were taught by the ones I loved most.So they are embedded deep and help me to guide others in their journey ahead.
Taken aback my daughter couldn't say anything more so the conversation ended.She had never anticipated I would say this.My sister and me were brought up with a Confidence in us by our parents.We never let them down.We never went the wrong way....I am proud of that...I pray my kids do too...

No comments: